No longer paying into IWDC

Life's big changes

T4_T13_content page image_04


If you die before you start claiming your ​preserved benefits, a cash lump sum could be paid to your beneficiaries.

To make sure this lump sum is paid to the right people/organisations as soon as possible, it's a very good idea to complete a Nomination form.

This form tells the​ Trustee who your beneficiaries are.

You can complete, change or update your nominations in my​RPS. It's quick, easy and will give you instant peace of mind.

Divorce or dissolution

The breakdown of a relationship is a difficult time.

It’s likely your preserved pension will be taken into account along with your other assets when a financial settlement is being worked out for divorce or dissolution.

However, if you are living with your partner but are not married or in a civil partnership, they are not entitled to any of your pension benefits if you separate.

Read more in ​​our Guide to divorce and your pension.


Nomination form

Look after your loved ones

Find out why your nominations matter, how they could help ​those you care about, and how to do them online...

Change of address